Saturday, November 10, 2007

Let's try this again...

After a great start as world's most sporadic blog, I finally have something interesting to say. Went to the BMFA (Blue Moon Fiber Arts) stash sale this morning - it was so cool. Grab bags and mill ends and cones of yarn, oh my! I was on a path to spend about $400, but I managed to pare down and part with over half of it. The sock yarn has been entering the stash at a rate about 10,000% faster than it has been leaving lately, so I tried to be good.

John was sweet enough to come along as my personal photographer, so here are a couple of shots of the event and my loot.


I got: 1 skein Bambu, 1 STR medium, 5 STR light, and 1 non-superwash skein of STR light (for felting).

You might be thinking that doesn't seem like much, but check out my haul from Emily Parson's Etsy update on Monday:

That's 6 skeins of Sophie's Toes sock yarn and one "Magic Ball" for making a patchwork scarf.

But wait, that's not all... I had to get 2 of the new BMFA "Raven" series, too:

One each of Ravenscroft and Grawk in lightweight.

So you can see why I need to be on a yarn diet. We'll see how long I can hold out.

No comments: