Monday, November 12, 2007

Books, BBQ, and Knitting - Life is Good

John and I went to Wordstock with a friend on Sunday. We brought home way too many books. I'm even worse with books than I am with yarn, probably because I've been in love with them for much longer. Mostly we just wandered the booths and bought books, but we did sit down for Katha Pollitt's reading from her new book Learning to Drive: And Other Life Stories. One of my favorites out of what I bought is Animus. I just love Seonna Hong's artwork, and the story has such a unique twist (which the Powell's summary explains).

After Wordstock we got lunch at Russell St. Bar-B-Que. I just love that place - it's the closest I have found in PDX to all the wonderful BBQ that we left behind in the Southeast. I love me some pulled pork smothered in a good sauce...

When we got home we settled in to catch up on the last 4 episodes of Journeyman. I like the show, but a lot of it seems to be ripped off from The Time Traveler's Wife, which I loved. I started on a new sock from the New Pathways... book while we watched TV. I modified the "Woven Ridge Sock" pattern to fit my gauge and my fat feet.


With my *&$% tight knitting, the linen stitch is really pulling down my row gauge in that middle section. I'm a little farther now than I was when I took the pic above, and I've tried it on and it seems OK so far, but I sure hope I don't have to rip this all out later....

No comments: