Monday, October 6, 2008

A Hell of a Town

Wow...I just got back from a whirlwind yarn crawl weekend in NYC. I have to thank Karen for being a tour guide extraordinaire and Amy for being a fabulous roommate (how else could I afford a midtown Manhattan hotel room?). Saturday we walked our legs off from Soho to the Upper West Side (OK, OK, we didn't walk the whole way, we aren't *that* crazy) - we hit The Point, Purl Soho and Purl Patchwork, The City Quilter, School Products, Toho Shoji (beads), M&J Trimming, and Knitty City. Sunday we met up with Druanna (Rav link) and went back to The Point and Purl Soho, then tried out Knit New York and Gotta Knit. There was also much fabulous food and lots of laughter. Karen has some great pictures on her blog. The only pics I have are of my haul from the weekend:



And as if that weren't enough, I came home to find my Wicked Witch of the West sock kit from Woolgirl had come in the mail, full of fun green and witchy things:


I've been working on my Nanner socks, I'll post later this week with some pics...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you enjoyed your time here and come back soon - or I may have to come out there :-)