Blogging - not my strong suit. I can admit it, let's move on...
Megann tagged me for this meme forever ago, so let's do it:
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was going to grad school (M.S. in Computer Science) at Clemson full-time, while being financially supported by my ever-patient husband.
2. What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?
- Generate a list of items for the Scrum feature backlog for my current project
(OK, back to English)
- Write a monthly status report
- Figure out what to do for dinner
- Work on a cross-stitch project for a class at Acorns & Threads
- Go to bed early
3. Snacks I enjoy:
- popcorn (preferably with loads of butter, mmm)
- really good tortilla chips (thin & crispy) with peach or pineapple salsa
- fresh local Oregon strawberries (in season for a little while longer, I hope...)
- pretty much any version of fried dough with sugar on it (elephant ears, funnel cake, beignets, I could go on and on...)
4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
First, quit my job. Then, go into hiding. Build a house on a lot of really green Oregon land, not too far from PDX. Enjoy giving some money away to worthy causes. Travel. Install a Slurpee(R) machine. Buy a certain someone the Mini he's always wanted.
5. Places I have lived:
- Pensacola, FL
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Houston, TX
- Olathe, KS (Kansas City suburb)
- Farmington Hills, MI (Detroit suburb)
- Allentown, PA (just like the song...)
- Greenville, SC
- Beaverton, OR (Portland suburb)
6. Jobs I've had:
- receptionist at a cheapo haircut place
- hostess at a local chain restaurant
- temp receptionist/secretary (lots of summers in HS and college)
- line worker at a chlorine bottling plant
- assistant manager at a bookstore
- software quality engineer at a "major computer manufacturer"
7. Peeps I want to know more about:
I am sure that by now everyone has been there, done that, so I'll let it die...
Perhaps I don't blog often because my life seems like a whole lot of boring same-old, punctuated by moments of excitement... One of those moments was when the aforementioned Megann visited PDX and took John and I out for a fabulous dinner at Ringside. Great food and great conversation (can't wait to see her again in July!).
The only other item of interest is that I'm now Plurk-ing, with some regularity (it's only been a few days, we'll see how long I hold up).